Get MORE results
Our main pool provides something for everyone, from lengths only swimming to fun sessions. With a wide range of courses for all levels of swimmer, our teaching pool is a great place to learn to swim.
|Swimming Charges||Standard||MORE Sport||Swim Books
(10 swims during public times)
|Up to 3 years inclusive||FREE||FREE|
Swim Courses for all ages and all abilities take place during term times throughout the year. From toddler to adult, our qualified swimming instructors look after the needs of the community.
Dedicated times for the general public, members and non-members, to access the swimming pools.
Dedicated time on Friday mornings and Tuesday afternoons, for those who need extra assistance. Check availability before arriving, or book your session in advance.
Swimming and Aqua Jog teachers are available – pre-book instructors if required.
Carer or Support worker must accompany bathers on a one-to-one basis.
A ‘Changing Place’ is available adjacent to the swimming pool, with overhead hoist and transfer to the pool hoist. In most circumstances you will be required to bring your own bespoke sling.
During term time, schools have access to the pool for swimming lessons. Swimming instructors are available.
We offer the facility to train as a lifeguard following the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). Courses are a week long, with both practical and theory skills being studied in house.
Swimming Club is open to all ages and standards. As well as improving style and technique, children can improve speed, stamina and strength and compete in scheduled competitions and galas.
From babies to adults, we offer a suitable group course for you. From Discovery Ducklings for 0-5 year old, through Ducklings and ASA swimming stages to adult beginners and improvers, there is a course to suit.
Private swimming lessons
Both the main pool and the teaching pool are open for private lessons, with one of the FSC instructors.
Lessons must be pre-arranged.
Blocks of 6 weeks are pre-booked to give your child the best start
ISRM Child Admission Policy guidelines
- Children up to and including 3 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 1 child.
- Children aged 4 – 7 years (incl) must be accompanied by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
- Children aged 8 – 16 years, who are non-swimmers, must be accompanied by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
- Children aged 8 years and over, who are competent swimmers, may use the pool without an accompanying adult, with parental consent.
- Children up to and including 3 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
- Children aged 4 – 8 years inclusive must be accompanied by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 3 children.
Terms and Conditions
* Please note that on Saturday mornings,during school term time, our Swim Academy lessons take place in the small pool and the shallow end of the main pool between 8.00am and midday. Young children and parents therefore may prefer to arrange their visit after 12.00 midday.
# The swimming pool operates an active timetable of sessions, including courses, lessons, schools teaching and club times, alongside public swimming times. For a full Swimming Timetable please email your postal address to our enquiry line or telephone reception for information or collect a timetable during your next visit.
Clothes lockers are located in the changing rooms and you will need 20p (non-refundable).
Please do not swim for at least one hour after eating or if you are feeling unwell.
FSC operates within the ISRM Child Admission Policy guidelines, as detailed at the foot of this page
Monthly promotions and seasonal offers, making fitness affordable