COVID-19 Rules for Participation: Fitness
- All sessions MUST be pre-booked. Members up to 14 days – non-members 7 days. Access on-line booking via our website:
folkestonesportscentre.co.uk or telephone 01303 850444
- Please take note of the location of your class.
- Studio 1 is located in our Well-Being Centre
- Please arrive gym/class ready.
- Changing rooms are available for use, but not lockers.
- Showers are now available for use.
- Toilets and handwashing are available in main reception or on the lower ground floor of the main building
- Sanitise your hands on arrival
- Report to reception before accessing your activity
- You may pre-order a Protein Shake at reception if required after your workout or class
and collect and pay in the café when you are ready
- Keep to the right hand side of reception and the stairs
- Throughout your workout, please maintain social distancing – equipment has been given additional space.
- Please use Anti-bac spray and blue roll to clean touch points of the equipment before and after use.
- Classes will stop a few minutes early in order that you can use Anti-bac spray and blue roll to sanitise any equipment you have used.
- Where possible, bring your own mat for your class if required
- Rev’s and Studio 2 classes will leave via the Fire Exit and the side gate located adjacent to the Tennis courts
- Studio 1 classes will leave via the Fire Exit in the corridor to the right of the Studio entrance
- Gym users should leave the building via reception and front entrance or enter the café from reception if you are collecting your Shake.
We are running limited services and reduced hours at this time with a maximum capacity of 32 people so booking a slot is crucial.
Should you need to use the changing rooms after your workout, you MAY NOT use showers.
We have knocked through in to the old Jr Gym so you can enter the gym through either the main gym door or the old Jr Gym door. This also means that the resistance area of the gym has increased to help users keep their distance whilst training.
Bookings slots are every 15 minutes for a maximum of 8 customers at a time and workouts are limited to 60 minutes.
Mondays 06:30 – 21:00
Tuesdays 06:30 – 21:00
Wednesdays 06:30 – 20:00
Thursdays 06:30 – 21:00
Fridays 06:30 – 21:00
Weekends 07:00 – 18:00
Book by clicking on the button below.
WELCOME TO MORE FITNESS
With an amazing 65 work stations in over 300sq metres, the gym has something to suit everyone.
Situated in the main Sports Centre building, overlooking the pool and the sports hall, the gym boasts the very latest in fitness gym equipment.
Qualified gym professionals are always on hand to assist with your workout or guide you through your ‘Fitsteps’.
In two studios, there are now even more classes. From gentle exercise for rehabilitation, beginners aerobics and step, to , boxercise and pump.
Check the times of the classes which suit you best.
If you have been referred to exercise by your GP or health professional, arrange an appointment with one of the team of fitness instructors, to assess your needs and have your personal programme. Referrals may include gym, classes and swimming, or toning chairs, classes and swimming.
Full Fitness Assessments
Our qualified fitness instructors will test your overall physical fitness, using a range of physiological tests that measure: Blood Pressure: Aerobic stamina: Flexibility: Lung Function: Body compositions: Grip strength.
Every Wednesday, Ladies pay just one price (£6.00) to enjoy 3 hours of as much or as little activity as they wish. Join a class, workout in the Gym: Sports facilities and swimming can be included too.
Relaxation and Beauty
Treatments are offered in the Well-Being Centre. Ask for details of Body Contour Wraps, Facials, CACI treatments, Hand and Foot treatments, Wax hair removal and Massage for relaxation.
Step 1 – Group Induction
See how the equipment works
Step 2 – Personal Programme
Design your programme to suit your needs
Step 3 – Catch Up
Let’s see how you are doing
Step 4 – Review
Review your programme and step things up!
Step 5 – Look and Feel Great
Start seeing some fantastic results.
Pay and Play
Everyone is welcome to workout in the gym – you do not need to be a member.Pay for your workout each time you visit (Just £6.00)- however, regular users will save money by taking one of our choices of fitness Passports.
Visiting regularly is the best way to get fantastic results, and by choosing the right ‘Passport’ for your needs will save you money – and encourage your regular use.
Ask at reception for more information, and to be shown how you can get the best from the facilities.
Or visit the memberships page.
Monthly promotions and seasonal offers, making fitness affordable